Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Great Time to Buy Cameras and Media Cards

Click here for coupons from Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery, Snapfish, & Amazon

It is amazing how inexpensive digital cameras and media cards have been getting! Since I'm enjoying taking more short movies with my small, point and shoot digital camera that is always in my purse, I'm finding it would be nice to have a media card that can hold more.

I found an 8 gig media card that's selling for around 50% off right now.Transcend 8 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS8GSDHC6


Here's a great little digital camera for a great price. It's perfect to tuck in your purse and always have with you.
Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Blue)

2 comments:

Pat Cooper said...

Hi Photobook Mom! Its true, cards and memory are so cheap now, its a great time for photography. It makes taking photos so much more enjoyable when it doesn't cost much.

Speaking of timing, do you know when the best time of the year is to make a photo book? I always have thought the busiest time must be before Xmas or other family holidays. Are the best deals to be had then, or are there slack times when it might be cheaper for me to "catch up" on my photobook making?

Photobook Mom said...

Hi Pat - Congratulations on setting the goal of catching up on your photo books! You'll feel great when you complete a book.

Your question about timing your books to get the best deals is a great question. I haven't noticed a clear pattern of seasonal deals for photo books. I've seen deep discounts pop up in August, October, and Jan/Feb timing. I think the October promotions are an effort to get customers to order early before the big Christmas rush. The other times are taking advantage of post-holiday or post-summer photo projects.

One way you can make sure you catch the best deals is to go ahead and put together your photo book and then wait to order it when the big deals come out. I like to wait until I see a combination of 3 discounts that I can put together, for example, free shipping + 30% off + $10 off. Of course, it's a HUGE exercise in delayed gratification since, if you're like me, you want to see the book as soon as possible.

Have fun with your photo book projects!

Photo Deals and Coupons