Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Latest Favorite Camera Setting


Most of us keep our "point and shoot" camera on the automatic setting as we take our photos.  I do the same because, after all, it is a "point and shoot" camera and the whole point is to keep photo taking easy.  I never read my camera's owner's manual, but every once in awhile, I discover a feature that makes it worth shifting from the automatic setting.  My latest favorite camera setting is the "macro" setting designated by a flower symbol.  It's great for close up photos.  Most of us think of close up settings for nature, but there are also great opportunities for close up settings in family photos.  Here are just a few photo opportunities that would be great for the "flower" setting: a birthday cake, the face painting artwork on a child, a child's masterpiece, a holiday ornament, your child's note to Santa, Thanksgiving turkey on a platter just before carving, and many more.  If you're taking a photo of a baby, try using the setting and take a photo of your baby's toes or fingers or the back of her neck.  Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Photo Deals and Coupons